Bring back the votekick command

Commands

Bring back the votekick command

Postby Clyde » January 26th, 2017, 21:55

This function is so useful to users who don't have any rights on ehxp servers to kick people who use hacks like wallhack or aimbots. What do you guys think yay or nay?

//discuss :bowman:
バスドロップ




[+/-] ©copyright - europe high xp servers (highxp)
User avatar
Clyde
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 43



reklama

Re: Bring back the votekick command

Postby [BoD] Tobi » January 27th, 2017, 01:04

Votekick never works. Firstly it's easily abusable. Secondly people can't care less, they'd rather complain than vote.
The command will sure as hell end up kicking a lot more good players than hackers at any time for no other reason than spite. And then I have to say it again: I think we've got plenty of staff to be able to respond to any hacking attempt on our servers.




[+/-] ©copyright - europe high xp servers (highxp)
User avatar
[BoD] Tobi
Administrator
Administrator
Bronze Donation
Bronze Donation
Donator
Donator
 
Posts: 73

Re: Bring back the votekick command

Postby Clyde » January 28th, 2017, 23:25

[BoD] Tobi wrote:Firstly it's easily abusable

Set a limit how many times a user can use the command like once every time they logon

[BoD] Tobi wrote:Secondly people can't care less, they'd rather complain than vote.

I care a lot and as a normal player I would rather take action first by using votekick to solve the issue before I start complaining, also make the console spam "EHXP:Did you know you could votekick hackers when no staff members are around"to remind everyday players the command exists so that they can try to remove hackers before crying and leaving the server

[BoD] Tobi wrote:The command will sure as hell end up kicking a lot more good players than hackers at any time for no other reason than spite.
There is a big difference between a good player and a player who's aim reticle automatically snaps to your head

[BoD] Tobi wrote:And then I have to say it again: I think we've got plenty of staff to be able to respond to any hacking attempt on our servers.
Yes we do have many staff members however a lot of them are inactive and or cant play due to other activities they have to do outside of mw3




[+/-] ©copyright - europe high xp servers (highxp)
User avatar
Clyde
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 43

Re: Bring back the votekick command

Postby [BoD] Tobi » January 29th, 2017, 14:23

Uh, sigh. So we've got two views on the matter. Mine is that the majority doesn't really care and yours is that they do, and moreover they are also perfectly reasonable.
Clyde wrote:Set a limit how many times a user can use the command like once every time they logon
The idea is lacking on both accounts. In my case people wouldn't even need it, in your case they wouldn't have it available enough.

Clyde wrote:I care a lot and as a normal player I would rather take action first by using votekick to solve the issue before I start complaining, also make the console spam "EHXP:Did you know you could votekick hackers when no staff members are around"to remind everyday players the command exists so that they can try to remove hackers before crying and leaving the server
Well, good for you being a good guy Clyde and all. But I assure you nameless majority of the TeknoMW3 audience is incredibly clueless and no less spiteful as a result. They don't speak English, they don't read rules and they don't give a damn.

Clyde wrote:There is a big difference between a good player and a player who's aim reticle automatically snaps to your head
A bad player (integral part of the infamous majority) can't tell a good player from a hacker. I've been on the receiving end of the votekick and voteban bullshit way too many times to have any faith in humanity at this point.

Clyde wrote:Yes we do have many staff members however a lot of them are inactive and or cant play due to other activities they have to do outside of mw3
You are a mod, mate. Go make a difference. Votekick is not a good idea, I'm just saying.




[+/-] ©copyright - europe high xp servers (highxp)
User avatar
[BoD] Tobi
Administrator
Administrator
Bronze Donation
Bronze Donation
Donator
Donator
 
Posts: 73

Re: Bring back the votekick command

Postby Arnie » January 29th, 2017, 19:06

So to sum it up, Tobi is afraid of being votekicked/votebanned because he is one of the good players and feels that the other good ones will face such problems too.

Clyde, says that it would give the normal user a chance of taking actions against hack-endusers which are ruining their game.

Okay...

I know around 50 good players, but reffering to mpgh there are over 500 players who have downloaded hacks for tekno.

So what is worse?
The gods have their own rules.
-Ovid


Wyrus wrote:you are a fucking hacker prick....


assa1 wrote:some haxy shmaksy code


Mr A wrote:if a person with ransomwares ur lappy then rip

#RIP english


Enjoy my GIT :D




[+/-] ©copyright - europe high xp servers (highxp)
User avatar
Arnie
Administrator
Administrator
Administrator
Administrator
Wizard
Wizard
 
Posts: 270

Re: Bring back the votekick command

Postby [BoD] Tobi » January 29th, 2017, 20:46

Arnie wrote:So to sum it up, Tobi is afraid of being votekicked/votebanned because he is one of the good players and feels that the other good ones will face such problems too.
Tobi ain't afraid o' nuffin. If you feel like votekick will do good for the servers then enable it. It's not my decision to make anyway. I just think putting any sort of power into a random player's hands while we've always got plenty of staff online (that or our servers are empty) is unreasonable.




[+/-] ©copyright - europe high xp servers (highxp)
User avatar
[BoD] Tobi
Administrator
Administrator
Bronze Donation
Bronze Donation
Donator
Donator
 
Posts: 73


Return to Commands



cron